National stroke association's fast program
February 9th, 12:00-1:00pm
Louisiana ranks 4th in the nation for deaths related to stroke. The National Stroke Association has a mission to reduce the incidence and impact of stroke by focusing on prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation. The FAST program provides training materials to help educate your employees about the warning signs of a stroke.
In this webinar, you will:
- See an overview of the National Stroke Association FAST program
- Learn what resources are available and how the program works
- Learn the next steps to participating in the FAST program
Click here to register for this webinar!
The Brief Tobacco Intervention Online Training
Did you know? Tobacco quit rates increase when health care providers consistently identify and treat tobacco use. Cessation advice from healthcare providers is effective and should be offered to every patient. Learn how you can make tobacco use screening and cessation service referral a standard of care among your healthcare team. In this online training, you will:
- Learn three simple steps that help you effectively talk to your patients about tobacco in less than three minutes.
- Learn about effective, evidence-based cessation treatments available in Louisiana - including individual, group and telephone counseling, and seven FDA approved medications.
- Learn about Medicaid cessation benefits here.
- Earn continuing education units in less than an hour!
Email Kristen Hernandez at Kristen.Hernandez@la.gov to be notified when this training becomes available.